Monday, November 17, 2008

James' Birthday Continued

Megan is doing better now. I had a feeling she was going to get sick because she kept complaining about her stomach hurting on Saturday and the usual remedies weren't working. Poor thing was up really late Saturday throwing up. She woke up on Sunday with a fever, but otherwise fine. I kept her home today just to be on the safe side, but the fever is gone and her tummy seems to be ok now. Luckily no one else has gotten the bug too because me, her and James were all eating birthday cake off the same fork on Saturday. :(

I took James for his 2 year check up this morning. He's doing great physically. I told the doctor that he just started talking and she said that while all children develop differently, if he's not saying more words than I can count by March we need to consider taking him to a speech therapist. But he seems to be learning new words all the time, so I don't think that will be a concern. Just today I taught him to say "corn". :) He finally got his MMR shot and he got a flu shot as well. He did pretty well. The stupid nurse took too long getting his height and majorly upset him and then went about trying three other times to get his height and upsetting him even more each time. It took him less time to calm down after the shots than it did from getting his height measured. He is still a big boy but his height and weight are good. I enjoyed my day off with them. I had some illusion that I was going to get tons of stuff done today but between meals, the doctor, and a quick trip to the store, I haven't had time to do anything else.

No comments: