Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Christmas Day


Yeah! No more Charlie Brown Christmas tree. We were totally prepared to use Megan's tree again this year, but I found a nice 7.5' pre-lit tree at Home Depot for $50 on Black Friday. This was my big deal of the season. Totally made getting up at 3 am worth it. :)


Megan never gets up early on Christmas (I have a feeling James will be different once he's old enough to understand what's going on). They didn't get up until about 8, so it gave my parents plenty of time to get over to the house to watch them come out and see what Santa brought them.



Santa brought the McDonalds drive-thru for both Megan and James. They both seem to enjoy it. Matter of fact, they were playing with it tonight. I had to pretend eat a lot of ice cream cones and McFlurries. :)


Bob the Builder getting ready for his drum solo.


Megan went out with Aunt Lana & Uncle Keith to buy Christmas presents for everyone. This was William opening his gift from Megan. I'm not sure if he was truly being that dopey or if he was just hamming it up for Megan's sake. Megan did do an excellent job picking out gifts so my guess is that he was truly being dopey.


Megan got the Samantha American Girl doll from me and William. I wasn't planning on buying Samantha just yet and somehow American Girl found out about this and decided to put her in their archives after Christmas to make sure they got my money now.


We got James a Thomas set that had a motorized train that moved along the track. Matt probably spent an hour back in James' room putting this thing together for him and James watched the train go around a few times and then proceeded to dismantle the entire thing. My mom put it back together a few days later and he did the same thing. Its still in pieces, but he does bring the pieces out into the living room with a train and plays with it.


Megan wanted a bathrobe, so Granddaddy got her and her Julie doll a matching American girl set. Her glasses were out of whack because almost all the pictures I have of her from Christmas Day, they are way down on her nose like a little old lady. Speaking of her glasses, she went back to the eye doctor a few weeks ago and her weak eye has improved greatly. The doctor changed the prescription in her bad eye from a +6.0 to a +4.5. She hates wearing her patch but its obviously working.


Adorable ball cap from Molly and family. Look closely and you can see my dad restraining James from pulling it off so I could get a picture.

No comments: